driving lessons Anstey
driving lessons Birstall
driving lessons Blaby
driving lessons Countesthorpe
driving lessons Enderby
driving lessons Leicester
driving lessons Mountsorrel
driving lessons Oadby
driving lessons Syston
driving lessons Wigston
driving instructor Anstey
driving instructor Barwell
driving instructor Billesdon
driving instructor Birstall
driving instructor Blaby
driving instructor Countesthorpe
driving instructor Enderby
driving instructor Leicester
driving instructor Mountsorrel
driving instructor Oadby
driving instructor Syston
driving instructor Wigston
Show Me / Tell Me Questions
Driving Instructor based in Leicester
My YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/DudeLetsDrive
DVLA Driver Information - https://www.gov.uk/browse/driving
Driving Licenses - https://www.gov.uk/browse/driving/driving-licences
Driving Tests (Theory & Practical) - https://www.gov.uk/browse/driving/learning-to-drive
PICTURE OF ENGINE BELOW
1. Open the bonnet, identify where you would check the engine oil level and tell me how you would check that the engine has sufficient oil Identify dipstick / oil level indicator: describe check of oil against the minimum/ maximum markers.
2. Open the bonnet, identify where you would check the engine- coolant level and tell me how you would check that the coolant was at the correct level Identify high/ low markers on the header tank where fitted or radiator filler- cap and describe how to top up to correct level.
3. Identify where the windscreen-washer reservoir is, and tell me how you would check the windscreen- washer level Identify reservoir and explain how to check
4. Open the bonnet, identify where the brake fluid reservoir is, and tell me how you would check that you have a save level of hydraulic brake fluid. Identify reservoir and check against high/ low makings.
5. Show me how you would check that the brake lights are working on this car. (the examiner can assist you, if you need to switch on the ignition, please don’t start the engine). Operate brake pedal: make use of reflections in window, garage doors or ask someone to help.
6. Tell me how you would check that the brakes are working before starting a journey. Brakes should not feel spongy or slack Brakes should be tested as you set off. The vehicle should not pull to one side.
7. Tell me where you would find the information for the recommended tyre- pressures for this car and how tyre pressures should be checked. The manufacturer’s handbook Check and adjust pressures when tyres are cold Remember to re=fit valve caps.
8. Tell me how you would check the tyres to ensure that they have sufficient tread depth and that their general condition is safe to use on the road. No cut and/ or bulges; 1.6mm of tread depth across the central three quarters of the breadth of the tyre and around the entire circumference.
9. Show me/ explain how you would check that the power- assisted steering is working before starting a journey. If the steering becomes heavy the system may not be working properly Before starting a journey two simple checks can be made: Gentle pressure on the steering wheel, maintained while the engine is started, should result in a slight but noticeable movement as the system begins to operate.
10. Tell me how you would check that the headlights and taillights are working (No need to exit vehicle) Operate switch- (turn ignition on if necessary); walk around vehicle.
11. Show me how you check that the direction indicators are working. Apply the indicators – (turn ignition on if necessary)- or hazard warning switch and check functioning of all indicators.
12. Show me how you would check that the horn is working (off- road only). The check is carried out by using the control (turn ignition on if necessary).
13. Show me how you would check the parking brake (handbrake) for excessive wear. Make sure you keep safe control of the vehicle. Demonstrate by applying the parking brake so that when it is fully applied it secures itself, and is not at the end of its working travel.
14. Show me how you would clean the windscreen using the windscreen washers and wipers. Operate the appropriate switch as per the manufacturer’s instructions. (Turn ignition on if necessary).
15. Show me how you would set the demister controls to clear all the windows effectively. This should include both front and rear screens. Operate the appropriate controls/ switch for both front and rear screens as per the manufacturer’s instructions. (Turn ignition on if necessary)
16. Show me how you would switch on the rear fog light(s) and explain when you would use them/ it. (No need to exit the vehicle, please don’t start the engine). Operate the appropriate switch as per the manufacturer’s instructions. You may need to switch the ignition on to do this; you would use it/ them when visibility is reduced to less than 100 meters (Highway Code).
17. Show me how you would switch your headlights from dipped to main beam and explain how you would know main beam is on whilst inside the car. Operate the appropriate switch as per the manufacturer’s instructions and note the colour of the warning light displayed on the instrument panel. The standard code is green for dipped and blue for main beam. For those people who are unable to differentiate between the colours, note the different layout of the symbols used.
18. Tell me how you would make sure your head restraint is correctly adjusted so it provides the best protection in the event of a crash. The rigid part of the head restraint should be level with the top of the driver’s ear or level with the driver’s eye.
19. Tell me how you would know if there was a problem with your anti- lock braking system. Check that the appropriate symbol used in the instrument panel goes out when the engine is started and remains off for the duration of your journey.